Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Bad food, good food

Today the kids wanted to make some cupcakes. They made them and frosted them. Here is Faith and her cupcakes. She used lots of frosting and sprinkles. She would have put more on if she had known that there was more in the pantry.


Will's cupcake's very simple, not to much stuff on top!



I have you show you a pic of my weakness. FRIED PICKLES! I love these things I could eat them everyday. I usually only make them during the summer. My sister-in-law, Holly loves them too and will request for me to make them. If you have not ever had them you need to try them. They are simple to make. Drain some pickles then pat dry with paper towels. Then coat in a mixture of flour seasoned with some pepper and salt. Then dip into a mixture of 1 c milk and 1 egg mixed together. Then dip into another flour mixture (use two paper plates to put the four mixture on) Then drop into hot oil to fry. And if you don't want to make them you can buy them. If you live here you can get them at that BBQ place across the street from Logan's next to the boot store. And if you are in AR at AQ Chicken. That is where I first had them. Katie, do you remember all the times that we went to AQ to have them? They were the best. Oh I forgot to tell you that you can dip it in Ranch dressing. Okay, now I am hungry.


Now that you have seen some examples of food that is bad for you. Here are some pic of food in our yard that is good for you! Here is a plum tree. This has been a mystery tree for a while. It's a nice looking tree and that''s all that I thought that it was. It didn't do anything last year. This spring it had blooms on it. I told Brent, I don't remember it having blooms last year, and of course he couldn't remember if it did or not. So in May I saw little green things on the tree. Still not knowing what it was. I was kinda thinking a apple tree but I was thinking that it was to early. We do have some apple trees and the leaves are close to the same. As soon as the kids discovered that there was green things on the tree they picked all the ones that they could. Which left very little. A couple of days ago Faith brought a riped one in and said "this fell from the tree, I didn't pick it." That is when the mystery was solved! That was the first riped one.

Here are some grapes. They still have a while before that are riped. Last year the birds ate them. It was so dry here and I thought that I would leave them for them since it was so dry. But this year I hope that we get enough rain and I might have to make some grape jelly and can it.

3 comments:

Just Us...Life after kids said...

Tell Faith and Will that they are very talented cupcake decorators. They could probably get a side job at Wally World!I'm sure my crew would love fried pickles! Have you ever tried to pan-fry them? And we have 3 plum trees in our yard. The only problem we run into is finding someone who wants them! My sister-in-law and mom have both made jam from them already this year. Of course I know they will both give me a couple of jars :-)

Katie said...

I do remember our fried pickle trips and how Craig and Brent wouldn't eat them....so we HAD to eat them all ourselves! :) And I remember we made some when you came here to visit one time. Only problem is...we didn't buy great quality pickles, so they weren't as good.

I'm so impressed with the plums and grapes. How fun to have grapes in your yard! We would love that!

So do you know your travel plans yet? Email or call.

kelly said...

okay so do the fried pickles travel well?!!!
do you have any boy potty training tips? We having trouble getting the poop in the potty!