Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Ball is Rolling!

The other day when Brent talked to Southeastern they were missing 2 things to complete the application process. One was in the mail and the other was his High School trans scripts. They said that they could start looking it over without the high school stuff. Brent has called a second time and asked the high school to send them. Hopefully they have sent them and it will be there this week or next. So once we get the letter of acceptance we will put the house on the market and pray that it sells soon. I know that the market isn't booming but we know that we serve an Awesome God and that he will send the right family to buy the house at the right time. We have started packing some stuff up to put into storage and selling some stuff. We have also started doing some minor repairs to the house. The whole cleaning out process is going slower than I thought. The other night we pulled everything out of the attic except the Christmas stuff. There was stuff up there that we didn't even know that we had! It is amazing how much stuff we hang on too. I'm not even sure why I have hung onto so much stuff.
Two Sundays ago Brent preached his first sermon. He did a wonderful job. He didn't even look nervous. It seemed like that was the natural thing for him to do.
For a while I had been worrying about how we will do all this financially. Some times to the point that my stomach would hurt. Don't get me wrong. I know that this is what God wants us to do. But I'm human and like to be in control and like to know exactly what is going on. Well I had been praying about it for awhile now. There have been a couple of nights that God woke me up in the middle of the night (like 3am). I would pray for about an hour about this move. I could also never go back to sleep after this and was thinking both times that I would be so tired. Through out those days that it happened I did not feel the least bit tired. That is definitely a God thing because I like my sleep and I'm grumpy when I don't get it! But I have given it to Him totally. When I think about it my stomach doesn't hurt and I just have such a peace and know that He will provide! A dear friend shared with me a devotion about worry that really spoke to me. It is from "Our Daily Bread" Aug 24th. The verse that day was. "Do not worry about your life." Matthew 6:25 In the devotional it said, "Worry robs us of joy, drains us of energy, stunts our spiritual growth, and dishonors God." Well I have always known that it was a sin to worry and that is something that I have dealt with for years. But when she read the part that it dishonors God and stunts our spiritual growth it really got to me. This was something that I needed to hear. I'm thankful that God laid it on her heart to share this devotion that night. So whenever I start to worry about anything I just tell myself that it is dishonoring God. God knows what He is doing and I just have to let Him have control!
I also want to thank everyone for all the kind words and encouragement. It has really blessed Brent and I to hear them.

No comments: