Monday, November 10, 2008

Christmas ideas

This is for my friend Katie. But some you others might enjoy some of the links. Katie and I were talking about Christmas gifts and sewing. I was telling her that if I could learn to sew she could too and telling her how easy it was. (All the things my friend Shelly has told me.) So I told her about some easy projects and this purse is one of them and the pattern is online. Here is how you get to it. Go to www.diynetwork.com click on Crafts and then go to the search box and type in "Simply Stylish Tote" click on the first link. The picture is of a blue and brown purse. Here is also another website that has some awsome projects that are easy and would make good gifts. www.jcarolinecreative.com At the top click on how to's. Katie, the thing we were talking about the tags is under baby burp cloths. Check out the one on Fabric Applique. You use a reg. sewing machine for that and they are cute. I saw some the other day at a craft fair for $13 on hand towels for a bathroom. I can't wait to see what you come up with. I know you can do it! Not all the crafts on jcaroline need a sewing machine. I have also ordered stuff from this website and was very pleased. Katie is also shows how to do a fabric covered button! Hope you get some great ideas. Now I must go and start sewing some gifts myself!


2 comments:

shelly said...

love the new background!

Katie said...

Thanks, I'll check it out. I hope I don't disappoint you... I'm a little unsure of my follow through, but I'm going to give it a shot. If I manage to be successful I'll post pics! :)